Evoschool and Evotag Intelligent Alerting System
November 11, 2019 – version 1.3
Welcome to the Evoschool and Evotag Websites and Application. Evoschool is a communication platform that allows sharing of information with parents, from the school, about the child and school activities. As part of Evoschool, parents get access to circulars, events, homework, attendance, and any other information shared by the school, with them, on the platform. Evoschool also provides child safety and tracking features such as bus tracking and indoor location tracking – when Evotag is deployed and used in conjunction with Evoschool.
Evotag, is a wireless card that can be associated with a person or an asset, which can, then, be tracked either indoors or on school transport. The Evotag intelligent alerting system uses the location information to provide alerts as well as live tracking to parents and school authorized personnel, in different formats.
This document provides information on various types of Alerts in the Evoschool and Evotag domains for the Evoschool App User (Parents or Guardians of the school students).
Transport Alerts / Bus Alerts
Transport Alerts / Bus Alerts are the generic alerts that are associated with the school transport system. These are independent of users and individual alerts.
● These alerts are sent out to users who have downloaded the Evoschool / Evoplayschool App and logged into their user accounts.
● These alerts go to parents of all students who have been configured to be part of a particular transport route.
● The alerts will also go to the users irrespective of whether they are subscribed for individual alerts or whether their wards are carrying/not carrying Evotags with them, or are on holiday. This helps in giving the same experience to users – whose wards have either not been assigned Evotags or have forgotten to bring their Evotags to school.
The generic alerts, for the particular routes, are the following:
1. Pickup Trip Started: The alert is sent to all users when the school vehicle leaves the school premises in the morning hours.
2. Bus Reached School: The alert is sent to all users when the school vehicle reaches the school premises in the morning hours.
3. Drop Trip Started: The alert is sent to all users when the school vehicle leaves the school premises in the afternoon hours. If the same vehicle is used for multiple afternoon trips, users are configured to be associated with their respective trips, and get alerts when the bus moves out of the school premises as part of those trips.
Individual Evotag Alerts
Individual Evotag Alerts are sent out to parent/s of wards who have been configured as Evotag users and are activated in the system. The students carry the Evotags with them, and based on the Evotag presence, the alerts are sent out.
These Alerts May/Maynot be applicable to your wards schools based on the scope of work agreed between the school and Evoxyz.
● These alerts are sent out to users who have downloaded the Evoschool / Evoplayschool App and are logged into their user accounts.
● These alerts go to only those users whose wards have been configured to be part of a transport route and are wearing an Evotag. Thus for a student who is only configured to be a non-transport student, these alerts will NOT be sent to the parent/s, even if he/she boards the bus on some day/s.
● For a student who is NOT carrying an Evotag, the parent/s will NOT get these alerts. Wearing the Evotag is essential for receiving such alerts
The Individual Evotag Alerts are as follows:
1. Bus Boarded: The alert is sent when a student, wearing an Evotag, boards a school bus.
2. Bus Disembarked: The alert is sent when the system identifies that an Evotag that had entered the school bus has exited from the bus.In case the system algorithms find a lacuna in the possibility of this happening the alert is typically not sent and hence itc occurence may be less on the user interface
3. Reached School: The alert is sent when a student, wearing an Evotag, enters the school premises in the morning hours
Generic Conditions Impacting Service
– Evoschool App Users should be connected on the data network to receive the relevant alerts from the Evoschool servers.
– Evoschool uses data network to send the alerts. Delays in service provider network may delay alerts.
– Evoschool services are not provided on Holidays and Excursions.
– Changes in bus routes for wards should be reported to the school, who will, then, report the changes to Evoxyz Support. Till the configuration changes are done, the alerts may not function correctly.
– Changes in buses used by the school may result in some functional lacuna till the changes are configured in the Evoschool servers. In case the changed buses are not configured for Evoschool support, the alerts and live tracking will not work.
– Bus Route number shown in live tracking remains as the configured route of the child. However, the actual tracking may change based on the ward boarding a different bus than configured and the system detecting the change.
– Please reach out to email@example.com with the Child’s Name, Admission Id from your registered email id to report discrepancies in data or in case of any issues in live tracking or receiving alerts.
For details on hardware technical specification please click here